The Chambersburg Y is seeing a dedicated, child and family-focused Youth Director to develop, direct and supervise program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Depending on strengths and interests, program possibilities may consist of, but are not limited to: Before & After School Programs, Teen Programs, Summer Camps, Outreach Programs, Family Programs and other various programs.
The Youth Director is responsible for staff supervision, relationship development, and fiscal management. The Youth Director values, upholds and promotes the Y mission, purpose, image and core values through his/her actions and interactions with members, participants and the community.
Some qualifications of the ideal Youth Director include:
1. Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
2. Two years of related experience required.
3. Ability to relate effectively to diverse populations.
4. Excellent leadership, administrative, organizational and communication skills.
Some responsibilities of the ideal Youth Director include:
1. Organize and oversee program activities and events for assigned programs.
2. Recruit, hire, supervise and develop part-time staff to assist with program implementation and facilitation.
3. Provide a well-rounded curriculum of programs and developmental activities.
4. Establish mentoring relationships with the youth and their families to ensure a growing positive inclusive environment.For more information, please contact Chris Misner at 717-263-8508.