This training will walk you through several different life segments and interactions which from a Grandparents point of view will be vastly different. It also will help professionals supporting these families be able to identify generational differences and better prepare families for the impact of raising children from potentially different generational lenses. The training will cover such areas as communication, technology and self care and more.
Real life experiences and shared stories drive home the need to engage all stakeholders surrounding Grandparents Raising Grandchildren.
- How to advocate and speak for others to obtain desired outcomes
- How to seek necessary information
- How to develop “the family voice” and engage the whole family unit in an effective manner
- How to navigate through systems
- How to determine educational considerations to meet child’s needs
- Identify and discuss segments of life differences in roles
- Understand ones impact depending on stakeholder’s position
1.5 Social Work CEUs available – will incur extra costs
“NASW-PA Chapter is a co-sponsor of this workshop. NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for social workers (Section 47.36), Marriage and Family Therapist (Section 48.36) and Professional Counselors (Section 49.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors.”
This training is for case managers, social workers, agency leaders/supervisors, grandparents, and other caregivers for children.